- Sundays from 2:30-4:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 7-8 p.m. (If you are unable to visit on Sunday and it has been approved by staff.)
- With the exception of immediate family, all visitors must be approved by the patient's counselor by the Thursday prior to the planned visit.
- Visitors are not permitted in the patient living areas.
- Patients are not to sit or ride in cars unless cleared by staff first.
- Personal physicians, spiritual care professionals, county case workers, parole/probation officers and attorneys are welcome to visit patients seven days a week between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Patients have the right at all times to refuse any visitor per Federal Regulations on the Guidelines of Confidentiality.
- When on campus participating in the Parent Program, parents will have opportunities for additional visits and activities with their child, including a family conference, and when appropriate, a pass to leave campus together.
Hazelden provides airport transportation for individuals arriving for addiction treatment in our residential programs. Families, visitors, and guests of Hazelden must arrange all other transportation to and from the facility. For all other visits, including to the Family Program, you can use one of the local taxi services. Taxis are easily accessible from the airport and will take you to Hazelden for an estimated $65-$75. For advance reservations, call Town Taxi at 1-612-331-8294.
From the airport to:
11505 36th Ave. N.
Take Highway 5 west to I-494 west. Follow I-494 west to Highway 169. Go north on Highway 169 and exit at 36th Avenue. Go west (left) on 36th Avenue for approximately one mile. After the second stop sign, take the second left into the Hazelden driveway. The first left is the delivery entrance so skip this one.
Hazelden has arranged for discounted rates at the following hotels. To receive these rates, you must provide the designated code when making your reservation. We cannot guarantee the discounted rate is the lowest rate possible at any given time. Discounted rates may not be available through web reservations. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
(3.5 miles from Hazelden)
3131 Campus Dr., Plymouth: 763-559-6600
Mention "Hazelden" for discounted rate; $117 single/double. No-cost transportation available for 10-mile radius, including Hazelden if booked with hotel in advance. On-site restaurant. Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet. Complimentary access to business center and 21,000 square foot fitness center with swimming pool, whirlpool, and much more.
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
6350 Vinewood Lane, Maple Grove, MN 55311
(4.8 miles from Hazelden): 763-509-9500
Mention code or book online using code N2730700 for discounted rate of $109. Complimentary transportation Mon.-Thur. 7:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m., Fri. 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Sunday transportation to Hazelden can be arranged when reserving a room as well as transportation to other destinations within a 7 mile radius of the hotel. Free WiFi, mini-refrigerator, microwave, and Keurig® coffee maker. 24 hour business center, restaurant onsite serves breakfast and dinner.
Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
7025 Northland Dr., Brooklyn Park:
877-303-1681 or 763-536-8300
Mention "Hazelden" or code "HZFG" for discounted rate; $125 single/double. No-cost transportation available on a first-come, first-serve basis within a 10-mile radius, including Hazelden. Complimentary high-speed and wireless Internet access available in great room and business center. Swimming pool, whirlpool, fitness center, and restaurant onsite. Large suites with separate living room and bedroom are standard. Additional sleeping accommodations provided by sofa-sleeper in living room. Suites include coffee maker, hair dryer, and oversized minifridge. Microwaves available upon request.
Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center
2705 Annapolis Ln. N., Plymouth: 763-553-1600.
Mention code "HPP" for discounted rate; $82 single/double. Transportation not provided to or from Hazelden. Complimentary high-speed Internet access and free breakfast buffet; indoor swimming pool and fitness room available. Full-service restaurant on-site.
3000 Harbor Ln. N., Plymouth: 763-559-1222
Mention code "HPP" for discounted rate; $79 single/ double. Transportation not provided. Complimentary high-speed and wireless Internet access and free continental breakfast; swimming pool and fitness room available. Full-service restaurant on-site.
Download Transportation and Lodging Information